Who am I?
My name is Mykyta Peregrym.
At the present I am a Senior Researcher at the Research Laboratory “Introduced and Natural Plant Diversity”, Educational & Scientific Centre “Institute of Biology & Medicine”, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv (Kyiv, Ukraine).
My main scientific interests are:
- bulb plants of Ukrainian natural flora: taxonomy, geography, ecology, conservation
- rare & endangered plants of Ukraine in nature & culture
- plant reintroduction & repatriation
- in situ & ex situ plant conservation
- herbarium management
- history of science
As well in my Europass (CV) – peregrym_cv_29-12-2016
Why do I do it?
I have three main reasons:
1) Botanists are people who have crazy love to plants, nature, and adventures, but they did, do and will do very important input in development of human society in the same time. Though the society not always understand it. As results show a lot of botanists have small salary, some of them don’t have permanent job, our work often isn’t prestigious etc. So, I would like to help my colleagues from all regions of the World to have enough information which can make our professional life easier and more effective. As well I aim to create a platform for exchange of botanical news and for popularisation of our science.
2) I have a personal need to be helpful for society.
3) It isn’t a secret, that I will try to make money through the project. I am going to do it posting adverting.
I would like to thank some people and organisations here, because directly or indirectly they contributed to the creation of this project by helping and teaching me.
First of all, I am extremely grateful to my family for everything, but especially for moral and financing support anytime and everywhere.
Also a lot of thanks to my scientific supervisors in different time – Mr. Leonid Lesnyak, Dr. Valeriy Denshchyk, Prof., Dr. Victor Melnyk as well as to my friends and colleagues from non-formal Ukrainian Botanical Society and Planta Europa Network.
Separately I would like to mention my friend, Denys Zernyshkin for his valuable advices in IT-area.
Finally, I would like to thank “Service Civil International-Germany”, Ukrainian NGO “SVIT-Ukraine”, and personally Artur Skorniakov, Steffi Koch, Lisa Poggel for important experience which I have received within participation in the international training seminar “Urban space and ecological sustainability” (Berlin, Germany, 2016). As well I would like to remember a certification Program of the National Association for Interpretation (Kyiv, Ukraine, 2016) and personally Emily Jacobs, Corree Seward Delabrue, Nataliya Gudkova and Tetiana Karpiuk, after which I see new opportunities in creativity for popularisation of plant science and ideas of nature conservation. Of course, also I am grateful to the MASHAV – Israel’s Agency for International Development Cooperation, the Arava Institute for Environmental Studies and the Embassy of the State of Israel in Ukraine for very fruitful atmosphere during the training course “Environmental Management of Nature Parks and Reserves” (Israel, Tel-Aviv – Kibbutz Ketura – Jerusalem, 2016)which helped me to form final idea of creating the website.